Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Udaipur and Bangalore

I worked in Bangalore a few years ago. I used to think of Bangalore as a sweet combination of Bombay and Udaipur. Udaipur's quaint beauty and nice weather with Bombay's cosmopolitanism and opportunities. Bangalore was a much better place then. I keep visting Bangalore for business and cannot help notice the steady rise in pollution, traffic and headaches.

In a recent visit, I had the opportunity to dwell over city's booming IT business and the cultural changes it has brought. Bangalore is IT. I guess even paanwalla there stocks a USB storage device! Udaipur has history, palaces and lakes; not wi-fi hotspots.

Advaiya should rather be at Bangalore. Whats Advaiya doing in Udaipur? But then I may not reach home, if it were in Bangalore, in less than five minutes. In Udaipur, Advaiya is talk of the town; at Bangaore, Advaiya would be one of -- a rather large -- bunch. We focus on doing great things for our clients here and we have lots of time to do that. If a customer calls, our guys would get out of their quilts and be at office in 10 minutes. And, Udaipur is much less expensive than Bangalore in almost every way.

Udaipur might not have huge malls and multiplexes; Udaipur has Advaiya. Advaiya is proud to be in Udaipur.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't miss on this fact the very Bill Gates came down though without much information, may be he will the next time.

Anonymous said...

I am 100% agree with Manish that Udaipur have his own beauty , its well connected to Delhi and Mumbai so no issues for a software company which is at B'lore or at Udaipur while you have all client from USA.

Anil

Ojal Suthar said...

hi manishji,

ya... advaiya is the talk of the town in udaipur and my dream company...

plz tel me how to get into it? am ready to join it anytime...

i know this is not the place to write this thing, but i came across this blog n i felt like putting my words down here.. hope u don't mind...

i wil be in there 1 fine day..that's my confidence...let's see how early can i make into it

rgrds,
ojal suthar

Anonymous said...

good morning manish sir
bery good to see that you have a blog so nice i really appraciate by your company while working with catering team in your company udaipur

laxman suthar
catering team
wish you a very good weekend

Anonymous said...

Great going Godha brothers.
Way to Go !

Best Wishes,

BNCOE Alumni (95-99)

Unknown said...

Hello Manish,
tell me about Advaiya's branches.

Thanks,

Saurabh Vyas said...

Hi Manish,

Good to read from you and I would be happy to know more about your company and kind of technologies / solutions you work on.

About me, I am Saurabh Vyas (yes from Udaipur :-)) and works for Sun Microsystems in Bangalore (Solaris group).